Did anyone else see the best RB in college football break the NCAA rushing record? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see the best RB in college football break the NCAA rushing record?

TexasFight
11-16-2014, 04:06 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2014/11/15/college-football-nebraska-cornhuskers-wisconsin-badgers-melvin-gordon-rushing-record/19094873/

What an incredible game.

Djshockley3
11-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Todd Gurley and Nick Chubb are still better.

Bama_Man
11-16-2014, 04:57 PM
lol, no sense in even discussing RBs on here, UGA has the best two in the nation and Gordon wouldn't have a scholarship at UGA. Gurley might be a better pure runner, but Gordon is the best back currently in nation with injuries yesterday. 408 yards is amazing, averaged 16 YPC on 25 carries yet didn't play 4th Q.

Herchel
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
You have lost all credibility. Now you are just a sad troll.

Dawg in Dallas
11-16-2014, 08:56 PM
That was quite a performance.

I don't know if he is that shifty or Nebraska's defense thinks it can arm tackle a beast like Gordon, but they looked ridiculous flailing at him.

Storm
11-16-2014, 11:03 PM
How hard is it to give a guy credit and move on? Sad

Djshockley3
11-17-2014, 12:03 AM
How hard is it to give a guy credit and move on? Sad

Because the title of the thread is a shot at Gurley and Chubb. Since apparently so many people on here have real issues with them.

Storm
11-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Congrats on feeding the troll........that was still a historic effort.

Dawg in Dallas
11-17-2014, 08:01 AM
It was, and nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

scgamecock312
11-17-2014, 03:05 PM
All trolling aside, Melvin Gordon is every bit as good as Todd Gurley. You couldn't go wrong with either.

Optik
11-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Gordon is a great back that was a great effort to set a record that was promptly shattered by a OU true freshman the very next week against another pathetic Big12 defense (Neb isn't that long removed that we won't give credit to that tough B12 culture). Title is inaccurate though, he broke the single game record, is still nowhere close to the overall record. He still has games vs Minn and Ohio State, though, and considering how rough and tumble the B1G is, it is hardly impossible to believe he could pile up 2-3,000 yards in those two games.

Seriously though, he is a good back, but not the best. I can understand him being in the conversation because of his stats, but I could 900 a game if I was getting lined up against big12 and big10 defenses like Texas and Nebraska every game. This is a weak troll attempt, you're becoming more like Alex every week, shouldn't have taken his name, apparently that **** is contagious. :cheers:

None of the backs in this thread, except Chubb and maybe Perine, can hold Gurley's jock, but hey...http://oi52.tinypic.com/ejtssm.jpg. You'll need a good attitude watching that little OU back shred UT for the two years.

HunkerDown
11-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Yep the kid is badass. No use arguing about who is better.

I do think it was cool on College Gameday the first week of the season they interviewed Gordon and asked if he could have the Fathead of any player anywhere on his wall who it would be and he responded "Todd Gurley."