4* DE Michael Barnett flips from FSU to UGA! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4* DE Michael Barnett flips from FSU to UGA!

Optik
09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Gentry Estes

Gentry Estes
Georgia Insider - Dawgs247

Barnett makes surprise flip to UGA
6 minutes ago

Defensive end Michael Barnett has flipped his commitment from Florida State to Georgia, announcing at a ceremony Friday morning that was scheduled for him to sign financial aid papers with the Seminoles.

Instead, Barnett has signed those papers as an early enrollee with UGA, according to Charleston's WCIV-TV, which was on hand to document the surprising turn of events.

The 6-foot-5, 258-pound Barnett is a four-star prospect rated as the No. 4 prospect in South Carolina, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3148978/ari-gold-boom-o.gif

Wow. Heard last night, there was going to be a big DL commit to UGA this morning, but didn't even consider Barnett. This is completely out of left field, and after McFadden commits to us, FSU is really going to be hating us.

dnmuga93
09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Wow, can't say I knew anything about this.

Optik, what do you know about him?

scgamecock312
09-26-2014, 11:39 AM

He is a solid player. Carolina didn't really pursue him. We showed a little interest at one point, but I don't think he was big on us bringing in Lewis, Blackshear, Key, Wideman, and Sawyer at DE.

Really good player though.

Optik
09-26-2014, 11:45 AM

He is really good like 312 said, one of the top DL in the state of SC. Never gave either instate school any chance at all for whatever reason, Clemson pursued him briefly, but he shut them down and I don't think USC ever bothered much. He was dead set on leaving the state from the start.

He is one of those players I knew we had interest in, but he committed FSU before we really got too much after him because of the coaching change. I thought he was very solid and maybe we could flip with a big season if FSU flopped. I included him in some of "dream" classes, but never in any mock class I was trying to be realistic on. This was a complete blindsiding to everyone except Barnett and the UGA coaches (Ekeler was the one that got him).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAIx_DEWt4

Herchel
09-26-2014, 12:53 PM
How many more spots do we have?

Optik
09-26-2014, 12:54 PM
How many more spots do we have?

8, maybe as many as 10.

Herchel
09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
8, maybe as many as 10.

Do you think Floyd and Jenkins will declare for the draft?

Optik
09-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Do you think Floyd and Jenkins will declare for the draft?

I think it really depends on the rest of their seasons, but right now I'd just barely lean toward yes.

JRS
09-26-2014, 01:45 PM
He is a solid player. Carolina didn't really pursue him. We showed a little interest at one point, but I don't think he was big on us bringing in Lewis, Blackshear, Key, Wideman, and Sawyer at DE.

Really good player though.

He mad we offered late.