FSU Ain't Repeating........ [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : FSU Ain't Repeating........

OxfordSeminole
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Still early in this game, but having watched our games so far, and watching this one, our OL is HOT garbage. That surprising given all the experience coming back, but they can't block ****. We MIGHT get through the ACC. Still gotta get through this one, and ND ain't no cake-walk, but any bowl games or playoff games will be murder with this OL.

And losing Pruitt hurts. The D gets gouged too much. Out of position.

At least last year was fun.

SCgamecock2988
09-20-2014, 09:39 PM
FSU looks pretty bad...

lbzdually
09-20-2014, 09:47 PM
I think ECU is the best team in the ACC.

xAuBuRn
09-20-2014, 10:14 PM
FSU can still lose this game if they catch a few breaks.

SCgamecock2988
09-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Cmon FSU... about to punch it in to tie it up.

2008 National Champions
09-20-2014, 10:57 PM
FSU is a completely different team without Winston. Better hope he doesn't **** up off the field again or get seriously injured.

OxfordSeminole
09-20-2014, 11:07 PM
FSU is a completely different team without Winston. Better hope he doesn't **** up off the field again or get seriously injured.
I'm not sure we win with him. This OL is bad.

2008 National Champions
09-20-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure we win with him. This OL is bad.

Well, I didn't see the first half. But he's the best player in college football and any team would take a hit without him on the field.

I just figured you guys would out athlete them at home with the backup.

Still a lot of time. But it's not looking great right now.

Bama_Man
09-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Beasley has owned Erving this year, opposite of last year. Clemson has an elite front four and Watson can play.

OxfordSeminole
09-20-2014, 11:56 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dabo and Morris might be the dumbest coaching combo in the world!!!! I know your kicker ain't great, but that play call in that situation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

xAuBuRn
09-20-2014, 11:58 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dabo and Morris might be the dumbest coaching combo in the world!!!! I know your kicker ain't great, but that play call in that situation?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Clemson always finds ways to lose the BIG game.

SCgamecock2988
09-21-2014, 12:02 AM
Clemsoning at its finest.

lbzdually
09-21-2014, 12:16 AM
I can't believe that FSU almost (and should have) lost to a team that got drubbed by the 3rd to 5th best team in the SEC right now, and at home to boot.

TexasFight
09-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Regardless of your thoughts on FSU's chances of repeating or the circumstances under which Florida State won - because holy s*it, Dabo and Chad - there's always a game like this for a national championship team. They persevere and find a way to win. That's what national champions do.

tgfny
09-21-2014, 01:04 AM
I can't believe that FSU almost (and should have) lost to a team that got drubbed by the 3rd to 5th best team in the SEC right now, and at home to boot.

3rd to 5th in the SECE? Would you rate them higher than Arkansas, really?

lbzdually
09-21-2014, 06:24 PM

I believe UGA is a better team and will be ranked higher at the end of the year than Arkansas, yes.

Dawg in Dallas
09-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Your trolling on west superiority is tiresome.

tgfny
09-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Your trolling on west superiority is tiresome.

Awesome!

tgfny
09-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I believe UGA is a better team and will be ranked higher at the end of the year than Arkansas, yes.

ESPN's computer poll has them in the top 4.

Dawg in Dallas
09-21-2014, 06:50 PM
On topic, I don't see a team on FSU's schedule that'll beat them.

xAuBuRn
09-21-2014, 06:51 PM
ESPN's computer poll has them in the top 4.

Give it a rest man. The computers may have them ranked whatever they do, but UGA would destroy Arkansas in all likelihood. Arkansas has an improved team, but they would have trouble with the good east teams.

Dawg in Dallas
09-21-2014, 07:23 PM
I think Arkansas could beat UGA.

OxfordSeminole
09-21-2014, 08:45 PM
DiD, I think ND can give us a run. We'll see.

But, even if we coast through the schedule, that OL ain't gonna get it done against whomever is waiting in the playoff, Bama, Auburn, Oregon, OU, etc.

lz2112
09-21-2014, 08:53 PM
DiD, I think ND can give us a run. We'll see.

But, even if we coast through the schedule, that OL ain't gonna get it done against whomever is waiting in the playoff, Bama, Auburn, Oregon, OU, etc.

This FSU team reminds me a lot of the '09 Gators. Returned a ton of talent from a NC team that should have cake walked through the regular season. They never seemed in sync and then got hammered when they played a team with equal talent.

xAuBuRn
09-21-2014, 09:24 PM

They could, but not very likely.

tgfny
09-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Give it a rest man. The computers may have them ranked whatever they do, but UGA would destroy Arkansas in all likelihood. Arkansas has an improved team, but they would have trouble with the good east teams.

You didn't understand. eSPN had UGA in its top 4. Jeez Didn't know you had to spell everything out. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/21/26e1759c1bf1b3518d9a81602d90f6c2.jpg

Never said Ark would beat em. Would be favored over LSU this wk for sure.
And who are the good East teams? It's a conundrum. I mean SC looks like garbage against A&M and VU and good against UGA. UGA looked great against Clem and worse than USC. Mizzou met Indiana. UF has no QB.

MKfromPA
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM

We shall see in several weeks. :)

I agree with this thread that FSU will not repeat. I think they will find a way to lose a game or two. That and all the pressure and attention on Winston. Fisher is doing what he can to try and block it out, but I believe it will catch up with the 'Noles. Only a matter of time. Their stretch at the end of October - vs. ND, at Louisville, vs. UVA - is going to be difficult. And who knows, by the end of the season Florida may be an improved team that could end the winning streak (please, please!).

Dawg in Dallas
10-31-2014, 08:48 AM
Well FSU's last semi-difficult test was passed last night. They seem a shoo-in for the playoff.

I did enjoy this tweet from Seth Emerson:

Maybe first time in his life Mike Bobo can identify with Bobby Petrino.

Good ole Grantham - #1 defense in the country coming into the game, based on an incredibly weak schedule.

Also, how long will Dyer be playing CFB?

scgamecock312
10-31-2014, 09:32 AM
FSU still has a rivalry game with Miami. Not saying they will lose, but you never know.

Dawg in Dallas
10-31-2014, 09:34 AM
FSU still has a rivalry game with Miami. Not saying they will lose, but you never know.

And Florida.

HunkerDown
10-31-2014, 09:45 AM
The way Louisville folded late last night with their play calling and horrible defense was just awful. FSU isn't nearly as good as they were last year.

scgamecock312
10-31-2014, 09:46 AM
The way Louisville folded late last night with their play calling and horrible defense was just awful. FSU isn't nearly as good as they were last year.

They definitely aren't, but they can still score with the best of them. That is what makes them tough. They could have easily folded when Jameis threw those INT's but they didn't.

OxfordSeminole
10-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah, you're an NFL GM and you want to pass on Jameis because he's done some dumb college ****? Go ahead. Feel REALLY stupid in a few years.

The rest of our schedule is pretty soft. Miami and UF suck. Biggest problem short term is the injuries. OL was crappy when healthy. Starting C out. LT couldn't use his right arm last night during 4th quarter. We were playing with the 3rd string LB's.

With all that, I think we can win out the regular season. If most everyone is healty for the semi-finals, I think we can compete with most teams, but only because of our offense. Any playoff game we play in will be a first to 50 affair.

Dawg in Dallas
10-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah, you're an NFL GM and you want to pass on Jameis because he's done some dumb college ****? Go ahead. Feel REALLY stupid in a few years.

The rest of our schedule is pretty soft. Miami and UF suck. Biggest problem short term is the injuries. OL was crappy when healthy. Starting C out. LT couldn't use his right arm last night during 4th quarter. We were playing with the 3rd string LB's.

With all that, I think we can win out the regular season. If most everyone is healty for the semi-finals, I think we can compete with most teams, but only because of our offense. Any playoff game we play in will be a first to 50 affair.

Since FSU hasn't lost in 21 games, I'd say you are underselling a tad. :)

OxfordSeminole
10-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Since FSU hasn't lost in 21 games, I'd say you are underselling a tad. :)

1st, 24 games.

2nd, our defense is mediocre at best, and that's when healthy. MSU will score bunches on us. Ditto for Auburn, Oregon, Bama, OM (IF Bo plays well), TCU, etc, etc. Whichever team we get in the semi (if we get there) will put up 35+ on us. That's why I said we can compete. We've won 24 straight, but the last 8 were against "meh" competition. ND only good team. No great teams there. Teams in the semi's will be a WHOLE different story.

xAuBuRn
10-31-2014, 01:06 PM
1st, 24 games.

2nd, our defense is mediocre at best, and that's when healthy. MSU will score bunches on us. Ditto for Auburn, Oregon, Bama, OM (IF Bo plays well), TCU, etc, etc. Whichever team we get in the semi (if we get there) will put up 35+ on us. That's why I said we can compete. We've won 24 straight, but the last 8 were against "meh" competition. ND only good team. No great teams there. Teams in the semi's will be a WHOLE different story.

In a one game scenario I guess two now FSU can compete with anyone. I think FSU will improve a ton on defense between now and then. They will have a long time to scheme against who they play. Football is all about match ups. Some teams they match up well against others not so much. Alabama is the one and only team I think could if they played great shut FSU down. The rest of the teams will give up 30+ points minimum most likely 40+.