Jameis Winston suspended for first half against Clemson [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Jameis Winston suspended for first half against Clemson

scgamecock312
09-17-2014, 12:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11542412/florida-state-seminoles-qb-jameis-winston-suspended-first-half-game-clemson-tigers-shouting-obscene-phrase-public

I guess he will never learn.

Bama_Man
09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Ridiculous. No suspension for rape allegations, yet suspended for yelling **** her in the *****? Cmon FSU

Herchel
09-17-2014, 12:23 PM
I will merge the two threads.

xAuBuRn
09-17-2014, 12:43 PM
He is going to end up in jail at some point. I don't think he will ever learn.

Djshockley3
09-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Hopefully Clemson wins.

AURex
09-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Winston's apology:

"I have to tone it down." The Heisman Trophy winner gave a statement in which he added, "I just want to apologize to my university, my coaches and my teammates. I'm not a me person, but in that situation it was a selfish act. That's not how you do things. I really want to apologize to my teammates because I have now made a selfish act for them."

Note that he did not bother apologizing to the woman. We know why.

Bama_Man
09-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Winston's apology:

IIRC, the meme was not directed at any one person just shouting out an internet meme/

This is a non story to me and FSU looks stupid, letting him play and win a Heisman with rape allegations yet suspending him for a half against their biggest ranked foe to try and look tough.

SCgamecock2988
09-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Clemson will still lose.

Herchel
09-17-2014, 05:54 PM
This is a non story to me and FSU looks stupid, letting him play and win a Heisman with rape allegations yet suspending him for a half against their biggest ranked foe to try and look tough.
They obviously don't care. Just win, baby. We see this in the SEC.

SCgamecock2988
09-17-2014, 05:57 PM
FSU will be helping Clemson fans out... after Saturday they won't have a need to purchase the iPhone 6 Plus..

http://i.imgur.com/n8EekM5.jpg

Bama_Man
09-17-2014, 06:27 PM
They obviously don't care. Just win, baby. We see this in the SEC.

I try to not comment on other teams and their discipline, I'm not as close to the situation, I don't know what kind of person the offender truly is off the field so I believe that in most situations the coaches know better than I do. But this situation is laughable from FSU, punishing him for an innocuous event while playing him thru the rape mess and shoplifting.

swampmonster
09-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Dude is a embarassment. Point blank.

And this behavior will continue, he can't help it, the product
of a society that refuses to discipline certain types of people
in a fashion that will actually bring about a change.

BigBamaFan
09-17-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm just tired and getting pissed over certain people ( ie athletes) getting away with terrible crimes and they are young used as excuses.They are laughing at us all.

xAuBuRn
09-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Jameis Winston now suspended the entire game. Clemson has a shot now. I still think FSU still has the better team, but I guess we will see. It should be a close game.

BamaHoHo
09-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Winston's apology:

Amen Brother!

AlienBeans
09-20-2014, 12:55 AM
What I find really puzzling in all of this with this kid is this. His profanity laced tirade gets him suspended for a half (now a full game) but a RAPE INVESTIGATION doesn't?? It just doesn't make sense. I'm glad he's suspended. He's a cancer to the college game and is selfish ***** with a sense of entitlement. The sooner this loser is out of the game the better. GO CLEMSON.

AURex
09-20-2014, 03:02 AM
IIRC, the meme was not directed at any one person just shouting out an internet meme/

Sorry, I should have said:

Note that he did not bother apologizing to women. We know why.

MKfromPA
09-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Winston's suspension has been extended for the entire game.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/jameis-winston-sit-game/story?id=25638962

xAuBuRn
09-20-2014, 09:39 AM
I am hearing rumors floating around that Winston may of played his last game at FSU. I'm not sure how valid those are, but take it for what its worth.

Herchel
09-20-2014, 09:53 AM
I am hearing rumors floating around that Winston may of played his last game at FSU. I'm not sure how valid those are, but take it for what its worth.
If so, it is only because FSU's administration is trying to save face.

AlienBeans
09-20-2014, 10:36 AM
I find that hard to believe given the "win at all cost" mentality that has been in that program for the past 30 years. No school anywhere has gotten away with more crap and seen no probation for it than felony state. There's been several things over the years that should have landed that program on probation while Bowden was there and bowden with his dadgums always seemed to escape punishment. absolutely sickening.. GO CLEMSON.

Storm
09-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Rumors are he stood on the table yelling "f2ck her in the p2ssy" and then when he got off the table he looked at one girl and said in a lower voice "even if she says no."

Now if that's true, HE GONE probably.

BamaHoHo
09-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Rumors are he stood on the table yelling "f2ck her in the p2ssy" and then when he got off the table he looked at one girl and said in a lower voice "even if she says no."

Now if that's true, HE GONE probably.

POS

Former FSU Beat Writer Confident Winston Never Plays For FSU Again (https://twitter.com/EmoryParker/status/513167907128623104)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxwRAcpIIAAt301.jpg

Djshockley3
09-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Damn that dude is a moron.

tgfny
09-20-2014, 05:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/21/ahujubaz.jpg

SCgamecock2988
09-20-2014, 05:41 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/21/ahujubaz.jpg

Damn clever sign right there, LOL!

tgfny
09-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Damn clever sign right there, LOL!

Made me laugh.

MKfromPA
09-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Winston's statement of "I need to tone it down." is a total joke. What a disgrace. If I were the president of FSU, I'd expel his @$$ faster than a fat person who sat down too fast. If what Storm says is what was actually said, no way should ANYONE hear that crap. Totally disgusting towards women and language. Someone needs to teach this kid a lesson by granting a severe punishment. None of this community service nonsense. Anyone can complete that.... :facepalm: It's a shame kids act this way, think they can get away with it, and actually do.

SCgamecock2988
09-20-2014, 07:04 PM
He's the dumbest player I can remember for quite some time...

OxfordSeminole
09-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Woooooo the hate is strong here in SEC land.

Now allow me to say, I'm happy with the suspension. He has been enabled to the extreme, and needs to understand 2 things:

1) Rules/consequences DO apply to him. Can't do whatever you want all the time.

2) No matter how he may feel, he can't act like a normal college student. The phrase he yelled is a popular internet meme (Google it and watch the original video, funny as ****), and 99.9% of college kids could have yelled that with no consequences. Due to just who he is, and his past, he is that 0.1% that can't do that. He needs to understand that that's what he signed up for by being a Heisman winning, NC winning QB, and once again, also because of past allegations.

So, for those reasons, I am happy with the suspension, so long as HOPEFULLY it finally gets the message across.

That being said, y'all need to calm down. Let's list things he's ACTUALLY done:

1. Stole some crab legs. Stupid, yes. End of the world? No. He served the consequences required by the legal system. Move on.

2. The BB gun thing. Once again, dumb, but something I've known LOTS of HS and college kids to do. This falls under #2 above. Might have been fun, but when your name is Jameis Winston, can't do it.

3. This most recent incident. See above.

So, what is so terrible?

I know you'll reference the rape allegations, but did any of you actually read the police reports? Did you dig into the ENTIRE story? That girl's story had more holes than a nice piece of Swiss cheese. The DA that didn't elect to bring charges? He's tried to prosecute more than his fair share of FSU players. He didn't decide not to bring charges because he was doing Jameis and the university any favors. He didn't bring charges because there was no basis to bring charges. Right now she's dragging the university back through a Title IX investigation. Hide and watch, the day after Jameis signs an NFL contract, she'll file a civil case.

So while he obviously needs to learn a lesson and pull his head out of his ass, let's calm down acting like he's the anti-Christ.

tgfny
09-20-2014, 10:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/21/gyhagape.jpg
And FSU is warming up for the second half.

2008 National Champions
09-20-2014, 11:06 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/21/gyhagape.jpg
And FSU is warming up for the second half.

:lol:

I had to steal that and post it on facebook. I have a lot of FSU friends.

tgfny
09-21-2014, 01:03 AM
@DanWolken: Why did Jameis come out in full pads? Jimbo: "Because he loves his teammates."
Because you just can't suspend love. GMAFB Jimbo.

Djshockley3
09-21-2014, 02:08 AM
I was pulling so hard for Clemson. Blew that ****.

tgfny
09-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Clemsoning at its finest.

Djshockley3
09-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Woooooo the hate is strong here in SEC land.

Now allow me to say, I'm happy with the suspension. He has been enabled to the extreme, and needs to understand 2 things:

1) Rules/consequences DO apply to him. Can't do whatever you want all the time.

2) No matter how he may feel, he can't act like a normal college student. The phrase he yelled is a popular internet meme (Google it and watch the original video, funny as ****), and 99.9% of college kids could have yelled that with no consequences. Due to just who he is, and his past, he is that 0.1% that can't do that. He needs to understand that that's what he signed up for by being a Heisman winning, NC winning QB, and once again, also because of past allegations.

So, for those reasons, I am happy with the suspension, so long as HOPEFULLY it finally gets the message across.

That being said, y'all need to calm down. Let's list things he's ACTUALLY done:

1. Stole some crab legs. Stupid, yes. End of the world? No. He served the consequences required by the legal system. Move on.

2. The BB gun thing. Once again, dumb, but something I've known LOTS of HS and college kids to do. This falls under #2 above. Might have been fun, but when your name is Jameis Winston, can't do it.

3. This most recent incident. See above.

So, what is so terrible?

I know you'll reference the rape allegations, but did any of you actually read the police reports? Did you dig into the ENTIRE story? That girl's story had more holes than a nice piece of Swiss cheese. The DA that didn't elect to bring charges? He's tried to prosecute more than his fair share of FSU players. He didn't decide not to bring charges because he was doing Jameis and the university any favors. He didn't bring charges because there was no basis to bring charges. Right now she's dragging the university back through a Title IX investigation. Hide and watch, the day after Jameis signs an NFL contract, she'll file a civil case.

So while he obviously needs to learn a lesson and pull his head out of his ass, let's calm down acting like he's the anti-Christ.

I honestly think Winston is a POS, and I defended him a year ago.

OxfordSeminole
09-21-2014, 07:46 AM
I honestly think Winston is a POS, and I defended him a year ago.

I'll be honest. I'm starting to lean in that direction. The only reason I haven't yet is all his transgressions are minor things. I do believe firmly that he's selfish and a total Me-Me-Me'r.

planetalker
09-21-2014, 08:27 AM
It certainly didn't look like much of a punishment for Winston last night. He looked like he was enjoying himself. It punished his teammates, but he appeared pretty happy and relaxed.

SCgamecock2988
09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Just a week of rest for Winston. Looked like a pretty fun "suspension" to me.