Sark calls Pat Haden down to the sidelines during game [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Sark calls Pat Haden down to the sidelines during game

BamaHoHo
09-07-2014, 06:20 AM
This is a little bizarre...

"I got a text just to come down because Sark wanted to talk to me," Haden said. "He felt the penalty was unfair and the referee explained he had warned him, so that's why he got the penalty. It's been a really frustrating quarter with the penalties, believe me."

Sorry Sark, but it sounds a little like you called your Dad on the officials.

USC AD Pat Haden goes on sidelines during game to confront officials (http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/haden-to-the-sidelines-after-text-says-sarkisian-wants-to-see-him-on-sidelines-090614)

The USC-Stanford game was nasty, and Trojans head coach Steve Sarkisian got especially heated after receiving an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for standing on the white part of the sideline while a play was in progress.

The call set off Sarkisian, who reached to the sky for help . . . athletic director Pat Haden, who was watching upstairs at Stanford Stadium.

Haden came down to the sidelines after being summoned via text, according to an in-game interview with ESPN's Heather Cox.

"I got a text just to come down because Sark wanted to talk to me," Haden said. "He felt the penalty was unfair and the referee explained he had warned him, so that's why he got the penalty. It's been a really frustrating quarter with the penalties, believe me."

Mandel: Kick Haden off playoff committee? No way

Asked if he was happy with the response from the officials, Haden said: "Most athletic directors and coaches are never happy with the explanations they get, but we got an answer and we have to move on and have a good fourth quarter."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8x93H1NnQ#action=share

Heck Pup
09-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Well it appears to have worked out for USC.

MKfromPA
09-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I thought it was really unprofessional when Sark was yelling at the referees that led to the unsportsmanlike penalty. What the he11? Why cost your team 15 yards for not controlling emotions? Stupid, IMO. USC stepped up and did not allow the penalty to make a difference. To me that was surprising. Had it turned out the other way, that could've been an instance where the coach does something stupid that costs him and his team the game. Wow. Sarkisian is very fortunate.

georgiaguy31015
09-07-2014, 06:41 PM
That whole scenario was weird and very random and Haden should have known better. You don't do that on national freakin t.v. in the middle of a game regardless of if it's a timeout or what. Wait until halftime or the end of the game.

Jimmy Reb
09-08-2014, 03:50 PM
It was strange to say the least. I hear today that Haden apologized and is banning himself from the USC bench for the next couple of games.

tgfny
09-08-2014, 09:26 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/09/9u7abypy.jpg

It's a fine Pat, not a donation. Fines don't honor anyone.

Dawgilicious
09-08-2014, 09:33 PM
USC fans i talked to see ZERO issue with him coming down to the field during the game

lz2112
09-09-2014, 01:33 AM
See next post.

lz2112
09-09-2014, 01:34 AM
USC fans i talked to see ZERO issue with him coming down to the field during the game

If Foley had come down and done the same thing during the Swindle in 2003, I would have loved it.

Not saying it's right, but if you think you're being hosed by the refs....

MKfromPA
09-09-2014, 07:07 AM

The AD of a university is the face of the athletics program. They are supposed to be THE role model and a professional. IMO what Haden done does not follow that. Thus I agree with the PAC-12's fine. He should also be not allowed on the field longer than 2 games. In the first place I don't think ADs should be on the field during the game. Before or after is fine. Why cause another potential distraction for the referees? Which is what he did...

Dawg in Dallas
09-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I am SO glad that Haden will be one of the decision makers as to who makes the playoff. We need more unbiased professionals like him determining the national champion.

MKfromPA
09-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I am SO glad that Haden will be one of the decision makers as to who makes the playoff. We need more unbiased professionals like him determining the national champion.

:sarcasm:

:lol:

With you, DiD. Get rid of Haden & Condolezza Rice from the committee, and there goes the bias!

AURex
09-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Haden put up with the antics of Kiffin for 3 years, so why are we surprised?