4* WR Van Jefferson commits to the Dawgs! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4* WR Van Jefferson commits to the Dawgs!

Optik
08-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Wow, this one is HUGE and came out of nowhere. Everyone thought this was a UT/Ohio State battle with UGA just being a hat on a table, we'd faded in the race over the last few months really badly by all accounts. Then yesterday the whispers started and somebody found out something because in 3 hours we had like 15 crystal ball predictions for him and now he's just committed. He's VERY good and incredibly polished, his dad is the Titan's WR coach. 6'2.5" and will probably play around 200 or slightly more.

Georgia gets nation's most college-ready WR
38 minutes ago

Van Jefferson is the most college-ready wide receiver in the country. There are some faster prospects out there, some bigger and stronger but Jefferson is talented and polished and focused. Itís rare to see those three attributes together in one prospect.

In Georgia, Jefferson has found a great fit for his skill set. Mike Bobo presents a passing game that gets the ball in the hands of its receivers in a traditional way. Jefferson isnít a space athlete that you give the ball to on end-arounds or bubble screens. Heís a vertical threat that can carve up a defense with the way he can deliver a route, the way he can create separation with his feet and agility.

Maybe most encouraging about Jefferson is the fact that while he is polished, heís also rapidly improving. Jefferson is a drastically different receiver this summer than he was last summer. Heading into his junior year he was underdeveloped physically and while he was smooth, he didnít really show the kind of burst and juice that you want out of top end talent. As heís matured and gotten stronger, heís added that second gear. Heís also gotten noticeably more confident and effective as a route-runner.

Jefferson lands on Georgiaís campus with more room to grow. The 6-2.5, 172-pounder will continue to improve as he gets stronger.

The work isnít over for Georgia. Jefferson is the second top five prospect in Tennessee to commit to the Bulldogs in 2015. The first, Rico McGraw, has since decommitted and flipped to Alabama. Jefferson isnít a likely flip but he will also continue to get plenty to think about from both Ohio State and Tennessee, two programs that arenít likely to back off of his recruitment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2elFnTI46a4

Herchel
08-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Wow!!

Coal_UGA
08-25-2014, 04:56 PM
He sounds like a nice pick up.

We are going to run out a room pretty soon.

If Mr. Rocker can coach like he recruits we are going to be very happy.

xAuBuRn
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Congrats.

Optik
08-26-2014, 11:48 AM
He sounds like a nice pick up.

We are going to run out a room pretty soon.

If Mr. Rocker can coach like he recruits we are going to be very happy.

One more WR/ATH/DB and we'll probably be done there, unless the ATH guys are decided to be DBs. I'm think at least 28, possibly 30-31, but we'll have to have some guys move on that we (the fans) weren't necessarily expecting for that to happen.

Optik
08-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Wow!!

Kid is very much a Tony Ball type of player, exactly what he looks for. Route running is fantastic, he's honestly probably better there than many NFL wideouts, a result his father being an NFL WR coach, no doubt. 247 has him rated at 10 out of 10 in route running.

Heck Pup
08-26-2014, 12:03 PM
This staff is really tearing it up in recruiting right now. Interesting to see where we end up in Feb.

rstew3
09-07-2014, 10:20 AM
He looks like a big time pickup for UGA. I don't think he is scared of competition, but UT is loaded at WR and spreads the ball around a lot. I think he is looking to be the go to guy and he would not get that in UT's scheme the way it looks right now. UT is running a lot of short, hot routes where yards after the catch are important. Jefferson looks like he excels in his longer route running and is a serious deep threat. I really wanted him since he is an in state guy, but with what we have, and Preston Williams coming in too, I think our coaches probably need to focus more attention on the line this recruiting cycle. That said, I know he has a spot if he decides to open it back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dnmuga93
09-08-2014, 10:09 AM
He looks like a big time pickup for UGA. I don't think he is scared of competition, but UT is loaded at WR and spreads the ball around a lot. I think he is looking to be the go to guy and he would not get that in UT's scheme the way it looks right now. UT is running a lot of short, hot routes where yards after the catch are important. Jefferson looks like he excels in his longer route running and is a serious deep threat. I really wanted him since he is an in state guy, but with what we have, and Preston Williams coming in too, I think our coaches probably need to focus more attention on the line this recruiting cycle. That said, I know he has a spot if he decides to open it back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should take a look at UGA's WR depth. We have just as much as UT, and we spread it around a lot as well.