4* WR Jayson Stanley commits to UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4* WR Jayson Stanley commits to UGA

Optik
08-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Stanley announces UGA commitment
Gentry Estes

Wide receiver Jayson Stanley of Creekside High School in Fairburn, Ga., announced a commitment to Georgia on Saturday, becoming the 19th prospect to commit to the Bulldogs' 2015 class.

Stanley announced his decision via Twitter, dedicating his commitment to the memory of De'Antre Turman, a former Creekside player who died tragically a year ago.

Jayson Stanley @itsLilstanley

In honor of my brother Tre Tre Ive committed to The University of Georgia Love ya Bro gone but never forgotten.

7:01 PM - 16 Aug 2014

The 6-foot-2, 198-pound Stanley, a four-star prospect, chose Georgia among a long list of offers, with Auburn believed to be the top contender near the end.

Georgia is building a deep receiver class for 2015, with five-star athlete Terry Godwin committed along with four-star targets Michael Chigbu and Christian Owens.

Stanley is rated as the state's No. 22 overall prospect and nation's No. 222 overall player, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-1GUQd1jU

Similar to JSW, but not as raw as a WR at this point. Has fantastic top end speed, but needs to work on improving his acceleration IMO. Very good pickup and just is another big piece in our WR puzzle, was a position that badly needed addressing.

xAuBuRn
08-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Congrats.

I personally don't think this one is over quite yet though. If we put up big passing numbers I think a lot of WR that were not sold on us may come calling. Also I think duke and Sammy opt to the NFL which will give early
playing time. I wish Nate was a 2015 recruit. He is a very solid prospect and has a lot of upside.