4* OT Patrick Allen commits to UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4* OT Patrick Allen commits to UGA

Optik
08-07-2014, 05:34 AM
This was a couple of days ago, missed it. Huge commitment for us at a position of need. Allen is a really good prospect and has some freakishly long arms, measured in with a wingspan of 82.75" at the Mark Richt camp which is a hair under 6'9" and equal to Greg Robinson's measurements at the combine.

Georgia received a welcome piece of news Monday night as Franklin (Reisterstown, Md.) offensive lineman Patrick Allen chose joined UGA's 2015 class.

Patrick Allen gives Georgia three commitments on the offensive line in 2015.

"I'm committed to Georgia," Allen said. "I'm a Bulldog."

Allen also announced his commitment on twitter and becomes the 17th commitment of the current class for the Bulldogs.

After originally planning to wait until after his official visits to make a decision, Allen decided to follow his heart and make the call.

"I've just been thinking about Georgia a lot," Allen said. "It has been on my heart and on my mind so I thought I should go ahead and do it."

Allen made his first visit to UGA in June and that trip, too, played a huge role in his decision.

"I just felt so comfortable at Georgia," he said. "It was a great visit. Just the coaches and the facilities and everything were great. It was perfect. I loved it."

According to the 6-foot-5, 285 pound tackle, his recruitment was a team effort on the part of the Georgia staff.

"Oh it was Coach Dan Inman, coach (Tony) Ball, Coach Mark Richt, and coach (Will) Friend. It was all of them," Allen said. "They stayed in touch with me and cared about me as a person. You could tell that they weren't just trying to fill my head with stuff. They told me how it was going to be and what I would have to do once I got to Georgia."

Rated as the 238th overall prospect in the country and as the 24th offensive tackle by the 247Sports composite rankings, Allen says that he will still take all of his official visits, but he is solid to the Bulldogs.

"I'm solid (to Georgia)," Allen said. "I just made a commitment to take all of my visits and that is what I am going to do. I still think it is a good idea to do that. I'm going to visit Georgia, of course, Oklahoma, Michigan, Tennessee, and Arkansas."

While Allen's desire to take visits may leave some doubt in the mind of Georgia fans, the four-star tackle doesn't seem to have any uncertainty as to where he will end up.

"I'm a Bulldog and excited about it," Allen said. "I can't wait to get up to Athens and show what I can do because I'm going to give all I can to be great when I get there."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZZYCBRGVk

JRS
08-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Does he shoot lightning bolts out his ass? j/k
Nice pickup.

dnmuga93
08-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Optik, we're supposed to be leading for another OL about to announce soon.

Know anything about him?

Hoping we get good news on Tuesday night!

Optik
08-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Optik, we're supposed to be leading for another OL about to announce soon.

Know anything about him?

Hoping we get good news on Tuesday night!

Probably talking about McGirt, the guy that just decommitted from UNC. He is visiting for Clemson IIRC and should commit to us soon. Unless he were to recommit to UNC I'm not even sure who the other competition is. Only other OL we're looking at IMO is a possible Chuma flip from USC and an OT from Texas.

Heck Pup
08-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Dirk McGirt?

Optik
08-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Dirk McGirt?

Well, being an OL, I hope he (both him and Allen actually) plays like an Ol Dirty Bastard. :cheers: