MSU lands 8 commits [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : MSU lands 8 commits

maroon&white
07-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Big Dawg Camp is always an exciting time for MSU fans. All of the current commits and top prospects are invited to participate in drills and workouts. Usually there is a commit or 2...this year there was 8. WR from Hoover, AL Justin Johnson kicked it off. 4*RB from Missouri Nick Gibson and 3* RB Alec Murphy came shortly after. JUCO DL Jonathan Calvin who had several SEC offers made his commit. Also making pledges were Kieth Mixon, Jonas Spivey, 2016 OL Dee Nalls. And the biggest news of the day was the commit of the top prospect in MS Jamal Peters, Safety, from Bassfield, MS. Bull Dawg Camp was huge this year and hopefully MSU will keep its momentum and close with some of top prospects still to make decisions. #Hailstate
http://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Peters-31474

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xAuBuRn
07-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Huge day for Mississippi State for sure. I wonder if thats the most commits in one day a school has ever got not including singing day.

Herchel
07-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Congrats on the commits. Negative on ripping off UGA on Dawgs. You aren't the Dawgs. The Dawgs are in Athens.

CentralMSDawg
07-26-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm hopeful MSU can keep all these commits along with picking up Leo Lewis and the OL out of Petal. Only thing is Feb. 2015 is over a half year away and so much can happen. If the class does come together it will be the best MSU has ever had.

On another note side note MSU has been the Dawgs for as long as I can remember. I don't think we ripped it off from anyone. Heck some of Washington's fans think they are the Dawgs since the Husky is their mascot. Bulldog and Husky fans had a flaming war about it on some UW site when we played them in the NCAA tournament a few years back.

maroon&white
07-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Yes, Javon Patterson I believe is who you are referring to. I also believe we will land Jamal Danley from EMCC and Fletcher Adams as well. Signing Day is a long way away but I don't know that I've seen so much cohesiveness and tightness from any of our previous classes like I see in this one.