3* RB AJ Turner commits to Carolina [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 3* RB AJ Turner commits to Carolina

scgamecock312
07-11-2014, 09:11 AM
AJ Turner from Clifton, VA committed to Carolina last night at The Opening.

Really liked this pick up and he has performed well out there. He is another prospect who could be looking at a ratings bump pushing him to a 4*.

247Sports has him at an 89 and the Composite at an 88.

Carolina still has the 6th best class by the 247Composite and the 2nd best class according to Rivals.

dnmuga93
07-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Congrats.

I hear you guys are having trouble getting this year's class enrolled. Anything to it?

scgamecock312
07-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Congrats.

I hear you guys are having trouble getting this year's class enrolled. Anything to it?

Wesley Green and Chris Lammons have both met university requirements. However, the NCAA flagged their test scores and said they scored too high. They are re-taking test today.

dnmuga93
07-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Wesley Green and Chris Lammons have both met university requirements. However, the NCAA flagged their test scores and said they scored too high. They are re-taking test today.

11Alive in Atlanta is saying 8 of your 21 signees are either awaiting clearance or have announced they're going to JUCO. That seems very high...

scgamecock312
07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
11Alive in Atlanta is saying 8 of your 21 signees are either awaiting clearance or have announced they're going to JUCO. That seems very high...

We were only going to take around 16 in the first place. We were told that all along. When we were able to sign 21, we knew there would be a few that didn't make it. However, Green and Lammons were not two of them.

-Jhaustin Thomas didn't qualify and we are done with him. (Expected)
-Dexter Wideman is still up in the air. (Knew it would be close)
-Darin Smalls and Joe Blue should be in for fall.
-Dante Sawyer (expected not to qualify)
-Green and Lammons are both retaking test today. (We expected both of these to make it and still may)

dnmuga93
07-11-2014, 12:36 PM
It sounds like this isn't as dire as some in the media are trying to make it.

scgamecock312
07-11-2014, 12:51 PM
It sounds like this isn't as dire as some in the media are trying to make it.

We need DB's on campus. Lammons and Green will both probably see some time if they make it in. The one DB who has been impressing is Al Harris Jr. They say he is well above his years simply because of his dad. I think he will play this year as well.

Herchel
07-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats again.

Cockee Don
07-13-2014, 07:00 PM
AJ Turner from Clifton, VA committed to Carolina last night at The Opening.

Really liked this pick up and he has performed well out there. He is another prospect who could be looking at a ratings bump pushing him to a 4*.

247Sports has him at an 89 and the Composite at an 88.

Carolina still has the 6th best class by the 247Composite and the 2nd best class according to Rivals.

We still take 3-star players? I thought that they had to be 4 stars or higher. wink wink.