4* Octavis Johnson commits to SC [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4* Octavis Johnson commits to SC

JRS
06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Athlete, could go offense or defense. Good pickup.

scgamecock312
06-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Solid pickup.

Dude...this staff is doing work.

We are going to get Arnette either tonight or tomorrow, and then probably Jalen Thompson on Friday.

xAuBuRn
06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Solid pickup.

Dude...this staff is doing work.

We are going to get Arnette either tonight or tomorrow, and then probably Jalen Thompson on Friday.

Will be an All- American. I really wish we would of offered. I think we would of landed him, but he is going to be a stud.

scgamecock312
06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Will be an All- American. I really wish we would of offered. I think we would of landed him, but he is going to be a stud.

Why didn't Auburn offer?

xAuBuRn
06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Why didn't Auburn offer?

I heard because he is 5'9 and we are recruiting mostly taller DB's. I saw him play a few times last year and he has the "IT" factor IMO. He will be a 4 star soon, but that doesn't really matter. You are getting a big time talent, which Auburn and Alabama will regret not pursuing.

scgamecock312
06-23-2014, 09:44 PM
I heard because he is 5'9 and we are recruiting mostly taller DB's. I saw him play a few times last year and he has the "IT" factor IMO. He will be a 4 star soon, but that doesn't really matter. You are getting a big time talent, which Auburn and Alabama will regret not pursuing.

I believe he is a 4* already.

Optik
06-23-2014, 10:16 PM

Thompson is, if he were 2 inches taller, he wouldn't get out of the state.

As for Octavis, GREAT pickup. Pruitt was all over him when he was at FSU, but didn't pursue at UGA, I don't know why, but have heard his grades are borderline so that may have been why. It was not ability for sure that held him back though. Johnson is really good and while you guys took him as a ATH, I'd expect him to play DB, CB specifically.

xAuBuRn
06-23-2014, 10:27 PM

Depends on where you look. I always go by the composite and right now he is not quite a 4 star according to that.

scgamecock312
06-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Depends on where you look. I always go by the composite and right now he is not quite a 4 star according to that.

It shows he is a 90 by 247 and 85 on the composite. I'm stoked about him though. Solid player

scgamecock312
06-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Well so much for Jalen Thompson. He committed to South Alabama. I wonder if there are some grade issues.

Optik
06-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Well so much for Jalen Thompson. He committed to South Alabama. I wonder if there are some grade issues.

Hadn't heard about any. I wonder if maybe there was a family issue keeping him close to home. Very surprising commit, I expected either you guys or MSU to get him.

scgamecock312
06-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Hadn't heard about any. I wonder if maybe there was a family issue keeping him close to home. Very surprising commit, I expected either you guys or MSU to get him.

I really wanted him but hopefully we get Arnette for sure now.

JRS
06-24-2014, 03:48 PM
He wants to play baseball as well and S. Alabama was the only school that offered him both.