Miami-NW CB Deandre Baker commits to UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Miami-NW CB Deandre Baker commits to UGA

Optik
06-11-2014, 04:21 PM
This one came out of seemingly nowhere I have to say, but we are going to be taking so many DBs this year that there was bound to be a few surprises. About 6' and very fast, he apparently ran a laser-timed 4.4. He has good instincts and mirrors the WR really well, he is a VERY good cover corner. He held 6'6" Ark WR Kendrick Edwards to no catches in their match-up last year.

Was offered about 1:30 and committed within an hour, he grew up liking UGA and was pretty much just waiting on the offer. Committed to us over Clemson (who offered first last fall), Kentucky, Cincinnati, FIU, Mississippi State, Tennessee, UAB, Utah, Western Kentucky and Central Florida. Miami, UF, and Bama were showing interest, but had not offered.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deandre-Baker-35965

Dawgilicious
06-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Glad to have corners, but some of those offers worry me: FIU, UCF, WKU, UAB?

Im sure he will be solid because Pruitt was one of the recruiters

Optik
06-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Glad to have corners, but some of those offers worry me: FIU, UCF, WKU, UAB?

Im sure he will be solid because Pruitt was one of the recruiters

Here is a link to his video, you should check it out. This guy was all Pruitt from eval to recruiting to offering and everything. If I'm going to trust any DB coach in the country right now with an eval, he is on the short list. He is a very good cover corner, would be nice if he'd catch a few more, but a whole bunch PBUs isn't bad.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3029738/highlights/67328375

Optik
06-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Also, keep in mind that he is a year ahead and will get to UGA as a 17 year old, so he is competing with guys a year older than him and is also supposed to be an EE. They offered today after he camped and worked out in front of them and like I said, he committed almost immediately.